Farmers Markets | Sydney | NSW

Farmers’ markets are a great way to get all kinds of fresh organic food. Sydney has many excellent farmers’ markets as do many of the larger towns in New South Wales. A list of these markets is below.

Farmers’ Markets in Sydney

Blackheath Growers’ Market
Blackheath Community Centre
Corner of Gardiner Street and Great Western Highway
Blackheath NSW 2785
Sometimes at Blackheath Public School
Corner of Leichhardt and Great Western Highway
Check dates and locations here.
Every 2nd Sunday

Every 2nd Saturday
8am – 1pm

Wingham Farmers’ Market
Wingham Showgrounds
Wingham NSW 2429

Young & Region Farmers Market
Anderson Park (Railway Station)
Young NSW
Every 1st and 3rd Saturday
7am – 11am (8am – 11am in winter)

About Andrea

Andrea is the founder and author of Buy Organic. Follow her on Twitter and become a fan of Buy Organic on Facebook.

Comments

1. sandra lines says:

we are not sure if the markets are still being held in blackheath – we travelled up in jan on the second sunday knew they had moved from their old spot but could find no trace of them. Are they still running up there

2. You can check Blue Mountains online for dates. It has yet to be updated for 2007 but I assume it is still on. It looks like the markets aren’t on in January so you might want to try again later this month.

3. I am interested in going to Cronulla Organic Market. What day and time is it on? Please help. Thanks Eva

4. The Cronulla Market is on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 9am to 2pm.

5. would u be able to add days and times for all mkts. Useful to know when one is in area

6. Hi, what time and day are the North Ryde markets on? Thankyou

7. If the date and time for the market isn’t mentioned then I don’t have that information.

If you live in the area, perhaps you could find out and post back here.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

8. Terry Clark says:

Hi I am a committe member of the Macquarie Vally Food and Wine Inc.
    Dubbo Famers Market. We would apreciate you adding our market days to your reference list.
    We operate on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays each month.
    Location is Lions Park adjacent to the Dubbo Visitors Centre and times are from 8am to 12 noon.
    We average 38 stalls giving a full cross section of local produce.
    Thanks

9. Thanks for adding the info about the Dubbo Farmers Market. It’s much appreciated.

10. Can you please tell me what days and times the Penrith market is on?

11. Penny – I searched Penrith Market in Google and found this:

Penrith Market – Every Wednesday 8am – 1.30pm

12. Warwick Farm Markets are on every Saturday 8-1pm. Some of the stalls alternate and are only there every other saturday – but it is on every weekend – rain hail or shine :)

13. You havent mentioned the Northside Produce Markets in North Sydney every 3rd Sat from I think from 8am to 12noon

14. Sarah Cook says:

If you live in Sydney it is hard to go past the Organic Food Markets in Leichhardt at Orange Grove Primary School on a Saturday 8-1pm. They have a huge range of products. My favourite must be Honest to Goodness, they are up the end near the playground – next to the juice guy. They have a massive range of organic nuts and dried fruit that is all preservative free, they also have some seeds and grains and it is such good value. They are really popular, I think because the quality, range and price is so good and it is really fresh as they churn through the stock. I also find it difficult to leave the market without a bacon and egg roll if I can be bothered to line up. Check it out – you wont be disappointed & might become an addict like me!!!

Edited by Andrea.

15. Sarah Cook says:

FYI – the Cronulla markets are not on anymore

16. Cronulla Markets ceased trading November 2006

17. julie powell says:

Can you give me dates please for cronulla markets

18. We’re keeping an up to date list of farmers markets in Sydney over at the Climate Change Zone forums.

Edit: Link removed as the site seems to have closed down.

19. The “North Ryde Organic Farmers’ Market” mentioned above is no longer meeting. That site is now the “Eden Gardens” Garden Centre (http://www.edengardens.com.au). Their receptionist tells me the markets haven’t met there for at least 3 years.

20. does anyone know the dates for the Ettalong organic markets?? and is it part of the seaside markets??

21. hi my name is seyda and i would like to attend your market and i would be selling hot food (turkish gozleme) and cold drinks.
    I would like if yoiu sen dme a email back with more information and do you have any avaliable spot??

22. Hi
    I have plum trees and there appear to be flies on the fruit. What is the best deterant for these pests. How often do I need to spray. A friend of mine said to use Rogor???
    Please advise
    Thanks
    Heather

23. Your site states Penshurst markets are on every Sunday ,can you correct your info as I’ve been twice so far and they have not been on.

24. janet stephens says:

Hello, I make an organic jam and would like to sell it at Blackheath,Bathurst and a Sydney venue. How do I go about getting a stall and the price to do so.??? Thank You Janet Stephens

25. I wish I have read Jenny’s comment (posted on 7th Dec 08) before I went to Pole Depot in Penshurst. We went there yesterday morning, and nothing is there, and we were so disappointed. Please correct the info on the website.

26. Could anyone tell me if there is any other organic food market near Hurstville region? And, has anyone been to the market in Marrickville? Is it really on? I don’t want to go there but just find out it’s not on….

27. Do any of these farmers markets sell cumquat jam?

28. Do any of these markets supply Alpine (wild) strawberries, if not where can I get them

29. I will be in Lewisham (Sydney) and would like to know of the nearest organic farmers market there. Sadly, I will not be able to bring in Alpine Strawberries into Australia. They are wonderful and grow very well here in northern California.

30. hi i live in the parklea area nsw and would like to know where i can buy my organic fruit and vegetables

31. Can you tell me where the markets are at Cronulla please

32. My friend and I visited the Orange Grove Public School Farmers market last Saturday and saw a crazed hippy, who was a stall holder, go off at an indian girl after she asked about an ingredient in the stall holder’s products. We were standing virtually next to her when it happened. The stall holder was selling candles and verbally abused her. The indian girl was really shaken up. It highlighted the fact that there is no security at the market. Is there a market coordinator in case this type of thing happens again?? Are stall holder’s investigated before they are permitted to sell there wares?

Many thanks for your time,

Anna and Alex

33. Hi,

Are there farmers markets at Cronulla now, and when are they?

Thanks.

• Hi Margaret!

There are a new shop in Cronulla now.
      Mrs. Watson Organic food
      Shop 53 Cronulla Street, Cronulla NSW 2230

34. nick tsakonas says:

im looking for purple carrots in bondi junction area, or ill travel . im desperate

35. damon sellis says:

do you know contact details for camden farmers markets as i can not find correct number anywhere?